A button for every blog!
Here is the scoop:
- You’ve got until Wednesday, April 22, 2009 to sign up!
- Friday, April 24, 2009, you will receive your Wee Tiny Pal’s name, email, blog address (if there is one) and mailing address in your email.
- Contact that person (via email or blog comment) to say “HI!” This is not a secret swap: write back when your upstream pal contacts you. Yay: two new friends!
- You have the whole weekend to knit a single Wee Tiny Sock (the official pattern is here or make one of your own).
- On Monday, April 27, 2009, you will place the Wee Tiny Sock that you made into an envelope* with a note to your Wee Tiny Pal that includes your name, email, blog address (if there is one) and name of the yarn you used to create the Wee Tiny Sock.
- Address the envelope to your Wee Tiny Pal.
- Apply a regular first class stamp to the envelope (or go to the post office and procure the appropriate postage if you are mailing out of the country) and drop it in the mail box. It’s still Monday, April 27, 2009.
- Wait a few days.
- Rejoice when your Wee Tiny Sock Arrives! Contact the Wee Tiny Pal that made it for you to let her/him know it arrived safe and sound! Be sure to say “thank you.”
- Reply when you receive a thank you email from your Wee Tiny Sock Pal!
This is the easiest swap in the history of swaps. No one should have any trouble (barring hand injury or other legitimate catastrophe) completing a single tiny sock. Don’t sign up if you don’t intend to complete the swap. That kind of thing just makes me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. We will have Angel Support (the information will be announced after Monday), but I don’t expect to need it.
Spread the word!
*Mailing Tips: People have found it handy to use a greeting card for added envelope stability. Wrapping the Wee Tiny Sock in tissue works well too. If you are very nervous about your sock (or it has a long way to travel), you might want to try a padded mailer.