I find the toys a little disturbing before they get put together.
Good heavens. I think the Bear pattern is finally ready for a test knit.
Milkshake loves the workbench!
I’ve got my test knitters! Thanks everyone!
The Bear’s feet were a struggle.
I only kept the ones with promise.
Until I realized that I was going about it the wrong way. I want a round, sticky-out, foot-like foot, so I put all my efforts into rounded toes (without putting a seam along the top). After a few days of frustration, I looked at my sketch again
and realized what I really wanted was a heel.
You just turn it like on a sock. A toe up sock. Which caused another set of design challenges such as how to turn a toe up heel without wrapping or holes or angst. But I think I’ve got it.
Fat rounded feet.
I only wish I saw this video (Priscilla Wild’s technique – it’s basically what I came up with) before I spent several hours reinventing the wheel.
I mean reinventing the ‘heel.’